As mentors, we bring our presence, authenticity, and life’s experience to guide and support the cultivation of each child’s unique strengths in service to our local and global communities. Our approach is inspired by teachings and life honoring practices held sacred amongst our ancestors and indigenous cultures around the world. Through deep listening and trust in our ongoing relationships with the children, we craft activities and challenges that inspire each participant to access their inner wisdom and confidence.
Elements of the Journey
- Monthly nature excursions (One Saturday/month, Sept. – May)
- Monthly wisdom council gatherings (One Thursday evening/month, Sept. – May)
- Mid-year parent wisdom council
- End of year, 5-day Rites-of-Passage Camp (June/July)
Themes of the Journey
*Please read full program description for additional elements.
Far more than another extracurricular activity, coming-of-age mentorship and rites-of-passage are a crucial missing link in our society. A serious commitment and prioritization on behalf of everyone involved is necessary for the highest integrity of this journey. Priority will be given to families able to commit to the full three-year duration. A minimum commitment of one-year is required to apply.
Program Cost and Details
Starting in 2021, Nature’s Mystery will be offering this 3-year journey through community supported mentorship. We feel inspired to structure an alternative economic model funded by the contributions of our community to make mentorship, nature connection and rites of passage more accessible for youth/families. Applicants will be selected to participate and receive the financial support of their community by three criterion – application, interview, and commitment.
If you would like to donate towards the cost of future participants, please give us a call or email email@example.com
Nature’s Mystery Awareness School is a community-supported non-profit endeavor. We invest 100% of our time, energy, and financial resources in our mission. “To cultivate a peaceful, socially sustainable, and ecologically regenerative future in the hearts and minds of today’s youth.”
Ready To Apply:
1) Read the full journey description and agreements (link above).
2) Complete the Tenders Application, Parent and Participant Agreements and mail it in along to Nature’s Mystery P.O. box 741 Cottage Grove, OR, 97424.
3) Upon receiving and reviewing your application, we will schedule a time to interview the applicant and meet with your family.
Please call 541.521.8658 for more information.